Arla Foods is a global dairy company headquartered in Denmark and Sweden that specializes in the production of milk, cheese, and other dairy products.
To improve their sales analysis, Arla Foods implemented a comprehensive business intelligence system.
This system allows for analysis of sales indicators across different channels, regions, product categories, SKUs, customers, and managers, along with a range of reports and analysis tools such as sales contribution, shipment analysis, listing analysis, and more.
Additionally, the BI system enables Arla Foods to plan and analyze stock discounts, conduct plan-fact analysis of sales and daily orders, and perform ABC-XYZ analysis of assortment lists by SKU and customers. Comparative sales analysis by periods, including YTD, and regional representatives’ efficiency analysis are also included.
Arla Foods is the largest dairy concern with exclusive, long-term contracts with leading European cheese producers. They have a strong brand portfolio and work with international and national chains, regional distributors across Russia, and an extensive marketing network.
The well-developed distribution network and improved sales analysis allow Arla Foods to optimize their operations and improve overall performance in the FMCG industry.
BI in FMCG:
- BI (Business Intelligence) tools can provide valuable insights and analytics to FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) companies, which operate in highly competitive and fast-paced markets.
- By analyzing various data sources such as sales figures, customer behavior, and market trends, FMCG companies can gain a better understanding of their business operations and make data-driven decisions to optimize their strategies and increase their profitability.
- BI tools can help FMCG companies to monitor and measure sales performance, track inventory levels, identify market opportunities and threats, and improve supply chain efficiency.
- Some of the key benefits of BI in FMCG include the ability to identify customer needs and preferences, measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, optimize pricing strategies, and improve customer retention.
- BI tools can also help FMCG companies to stay agile and respond quickly to changing market conditions, by providing real-time data and analytics that enable them to make faster and more informed decisions.
- Overall, BI is becoming increasingly important for FMCG companies that want to stay competitive and profitable in today’s fast-moving consumer markets.